Saturday 15 August 2015

My Style: Desert Daze


I
have grown to love the beauty of the desert.  Because of die-hard Coachella fans, I know that Indio and Palm Springs, California, have received much acclaim over the last few years; however, I especially enjoy Tucson and Scottsdale, Arizona, for the amazing fauna, the colorful sunsets, and the quiet, stark hills.  Cue in quiet, calming music and then stop with a screech.  Let's be honest, I do love nature but I also like the luxury resorts, the world class golf courses, the exquisite shopping, the outstanding art museums, the night clubs, etc.  I just had to be real with you, my lovely readers. This particular photo shoot was taken in Tucson where I spent time last month at two great resorts--the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort and the Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa.  For a luncheon with friends, I wore this black lace, maxi skirt that has a beautifully embroidered waistband.  I searched for the perfect top to complement the skirt and found this ideal ivory, textured halter top.  To bring the colors together, I wore an ivory, embroidered, round purse and flat, black sandals.  Highlighting the colors in the waistband, I wore pretty rings in blue and black and nail polish in a light turquoise green.  I'm not usually bold enough to wear a bare-back, halter top but I felt in the heat of the desert and coupled with a delicate lace maxi skirt that the styling was alluring but classy.  I hope you agree :)  Xoxo, Shelly








              

No comments:

Post a Comment