Friday 28 February 2014

My Style: Timber


Today's Look:  is named after one of the catchiest songs out right now, "Timber" by Pitbull ft. Ke$ha.  This look was inspired by the staple piece, the belted sweater dress from Poof Apparel.  The dress is so soft and warm, while the belt is a beautifully braided brown that compliments the taupe.  I love how the dress fits like a glove and is such great quality.  When it arrived, I started styling it in my head right away.  To create a complete winter outfit, I styled the dress with my favorite southwest-inspired fringe cardigan and brown, heeled boots.  The boots and belt matched perfectly.  I accessorized with a vintage hiker's hat that my Great Uncle Terry used to wear in the 1970s.  I finished off the outfit with black opaque tights, tarnished-gold drop earrings, and two tarnished-gold rings.


Outfit Details:  Dress and Belt courtesy of Poof Apparel , Sweater by American Eagle at ae.com, Boots by Lucky Brand at Dillard's, Tights by HUE at Dillard's, Earrings and Wrapped Ring at World Market, Band Ring by Aéropostale at Aéropstale, Hat is vintage.  


 Fashion Tip:  When wearing a short dress in the winter, a coat, sweater, or cardigan are a must.  When styling the two together, matching the lengths of the pieces helps create a finished and fabulous look!




Check out Poof Apparel's sites below:


Celebrities rockin' southwest inspired cardigans:


No comments:

Post a Comment